Burger & Custard Capital of the World Tour
In 1932, America’s amusement park proprietors met for an informal convention in New York. The attendees declared that bumper cars, carousels, roller coasters and our beloved frozen custard the four things that “best contribute to the world’s happiness.”
Come get happy on our tour dedicated solely to highlighting the “custard capital of the world.” On the tour you will visit the shops & stands that have been institutions throughout Milwaukee’s historic communities.
Included in the per person price attendees will enjoy:
- A bus tour with one stop for a butter burger and fries at an iconic MKE diner. Then, three stops for generously sized portions of frozen custard.
- Round Trip Transportation
- Narrated, guided tour fun
We take our frozen custard seriously, “Custard’s unique characteristics that make it creamier, softer and often times more flavorful than ice cream are what make it such an enjoyable and requested summer treat – especially with out-of-town tour guests,” said Theresa Nemetz, owner of Milwaukee Food & City Tours. “Milwaukee has so many fantastic custard vendors that the tour theme was an obvious addition for our company.”
WHEN: Tour operates most Sundays beginning at 1:00pm.
DURATION: Between 2 - 2.5 hours, depending on the pace of the group
PRICE: $55 + $3.50 ticketing fee
LOCATION: This tour meets in downtown Milwaukee. Free and ample parking is available.
ACCESSIBILITY: Although minimal walking is required, there is still walking involved. This tour is NOT handicap accessible and attendees will need to go up/down minimal stairs to get on/off the bus multiple times.
• Except for the Fish Fry Tour, all tours are seafood/shellfish free.
• We do have a vegetarian option on this tour.
• We are not able to make menu adjustments for food allergies, dietary restrictions or preferences on this public tour beyond the vegetarian option. This includes gluten, vegan, sugar-free and kosher requests.
• We are able to make allergy / preference accommodations on private walking tours for 8+ guests, or private bus tours for 15+ guests. For more information on private tours contact us at 414-255-0534 ext 2.