Would you like to join the Milwaukee Food & City Tours team? We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Bus Driver We are seeking 2 new part-time bus drivers to join our team. You would have very limited hours in the spring as you get trained with us, but more hours once our tour season kicks into high gear beginning May 1st. Driver must have excellent weekend availability - driving schedule varies each week depending on our tour schedule. Driver is required to have, at a minimum, a CDL Class C license with passenger endorsement, and must pass random drug tests on a regular basis. You'll earn $14 an hour, plus may receive gratuities. Weekend driving shifts available as well, but daytime availability is the critical need we currently must fill. To apply, email Theresa Nemetz, owner / operator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview - please indicate some times that you are available for an interview in the coming weeks. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CDL, THANK YOU!
Tour Guides Do you have a strong love of Milwaukee? Do you have a high energy and confidence level and can lead tours in a witty and intelligent fashion? Do you have an ability to interact and communicate well with others? OK with 16 - 50 sets of eyes looking to you for direction at the same time? We're in search of tour guides for the upcoming tour season. Auditions to be a tour guide will be held in January. Training of new guides will begin in February. Tour season picks up in April/May.
We are in search of excellent tour guides who can:
- Lead walking and bus tours in a timely, witty and intelligent fashion
- Communicate and interact well with guests and vendors alike
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux
- Be available to lead weekday and weekend lunchtime tours
We are primarily seeking candidates with excellent weekday and weekend, daytime availability. Candidates without weekday, daytime availability may apply, however, must be committed to working 2 - 4 weeknight or weekend tours on a regular basis beginning in May.
- Our ideal candidate will have a theater or speaking / presenting background
- Cooking professionals and public relations and marketing professionals/reporters with food and dining experience are encouraged to apply
- Must have an ability to memorize lengthy script while also being able to adapt said script to the needs of each tour. Tour guides go through a lengthy training process in order to learn how to incorporate stories from the script into the tour in a casual and conversational manner.
- Must have an ability to work well independently
- Must have an ability to receive feedback on an ongoing basis from customers
- Must contain a strong passion for Milwaukee
- Should be comfortable spending 3 hours in various weather elements (sun, heat, cold, rain, snow)
It is important to note that a significant portion of your time leading tours (about 85%) will be in trouble shooting - finding ways to accommodate a guest with food allergies, having patience when a guest needs to walk a little slower, and dealing with the many challenges that may arise with working with restaurants and other vendors on busy Milwaukee days and nights. We are seeking extremely flexible candidates that are calm and yet quick on their feet to resolve a problem when under pressure.
To apply, please send a letter of interest highlighting why you are an ideal candidate to Theresa Nemetz, owner/operator, at email@example.com. Be sure to indicate your level of availability (weekdays, weeknights, weekends beginning April/May) in the letter, along with any significant spans of vacation dates or weekends that you would need off that you already have planned/will plan in June/July/August/September.