Mike planned the perfect winter anniversary getaway in Milwaukee for his unsuspecting bride-to-be, Kristin, complete with tickets to one of our signature bus tours. The Craft Brewery & Cocktails tour provided a unique proposal backdrop for the couple who have enjoyed discovering new craft beers throughout their courtship.
The Secret Plan
On the tour, we visit 4 – 5 hidden gems in Milwaukee’s craft beer community for discussion and tastings. Mike called Milwaukee Food & City Tours prior to the proposal to ensure he knew the layout of the tour, and shared with us feedback about some of their favorite breweries to visit. We made sure to plan a tour itinerary with some of their favorites, and incorporated in some hidden gems as well. We also arranged for Troy Freund, a Milwaukee Photo Walk tour guide and professional photographer, to attend the tour and document the occasion.
During the tour, Good City Brewing served as our third stop of the day and location for the proposal. While sampling Motto pale ale, we learned about Brewmaster and Co-Founder, Andy Jones', inspiration to open the brewery. As our time at Good City Brewing came to an end, the tour guide asked our attendees, “Are there any questions?” In that moment, Mike had a very special question for Kristin and indeed, she said, “YES!” Our stunned tour attendees applauded in witness to this special moment and quickly surrounded the couple to congratulate them on their Milwaukee engagement. The tour truly became a celebration because in "small-waukee" fashion, the group soon discovered multiple mutual connections among them.
Departing Good City Brewing in the height of winter, we returned to the warmth of a cozy tour bus and visited our final destination of the day – Urban Harvest Brewing Company. Located in a former theatre space, Mike arranged for friends and family from near and far to sneak in and join the celebration in the theatre space as our tour concluded.
Whether helping you plan the perfect engagement moment, working with bridal parties to coordinate Bachelorette / Bachelor parties, providing a party bus for your wedding photos, or helping show off Milwaukee to your out-of-town guests, Milwaukee Food & City Tours provides a wide range of unique options. We work with each couple individually because we truly believe every wedding memory is one-of-a-kind.
Other Ways We Can Help
- We hosted a tour with a couple on the way to their courthouse wedding! Sarah and Jacob wanted to treat their families to a fun event to celebrate their marriage, and thought that the Brady Street Lunch Tour would be the perfect neighborhood tour! They were very pleased with our tour and shared this positive review: “Our families really enjoyed themselves! Karen was a great guide. Thank you for making our wedding weekend special.”
- Rather than a traditional wedding reception, we can help you plan a moveable feast to showcase Milwaukee’s great ethnic heritage and cuisine. Consider a progressive meal with appetizers on Old World 3rd Street, entrée in the Historic Third Ward, and dessert along Brady Street. Optional stop to see Milwaukee's Golden Boy is available too!
- Allow Milwaukee Food & City Tours to show off Milwaukee to your out-of-town guests in for the big day. We host a sightseeing city tour that is perfectly timed to fill the gap time between wedding to reception!
- Caitlin, Michigan-native, married Greg in his hometown of Racine, WI. The day after their wedding they took a deep-dive into Racine history and the famous Danish pastry, kringle, with her entire family on a customized version of our Kringle Tour. Now, she isn't allowed to visit her family without stopping at O&H Bakery to pick up a kringle or two.
- Our buses are available to rent for wedding photos, or to shuttle guests between venues – with no hourly minimums required! Our bus drivers go the extra mile for our groups too. One bride thought that her guests may be hungry after the reception, so ordered 100 McDonald’s hamburgers and cheeseburgers and asked that our driver pick them up at 11pm before the celebration ended. She handed them out to all guests after leaving the reception!
- We've had the pleasure of being a part of many anniversary celebrations. Planning your 50th wedding anniversary? Check out this nod to the past, complete with Marc's Big Boy Burgers!
Let Milwaukee Food & City Tours make your celebration incredible! Not only will you have an amazing time, we will love planning it for you! Give us a call at 262-853-5239 to tell us a little bit more and let’s begin to plan an incredible experience!