Rails & Ales on Saturday, June 16, 2018
Whether you are looking to celebrate Father’s Day weekend or simply searching for a unique way to learn about some new favorite places, this trip is for you! Join Milwaukee Food & City Tours on an adventure that starts with a private vintage dome railcar journey to a city of your choice - Milwaukee or Chicago!
- Depart Chicago's Union Station at your choice of 8:25 AM or 1:05 PM and travel via the vintage Stampede Pass dome railcar to Milwaukee.
- Upon arrival in Milwaukee, you will be escorted via coach bus to enjoy lunch and stops at 2 hidden gem craft breweries.
- During our time in downtown Milwaukee, we'll enjoy a sit-down lunch and draft beer at Mader's Restaurant, then head to two of Milwaukee's newest craft breweries to hear about the masterminds behind these operations. We'll visit Third Space Brewing for a choice of pint, and then Urban Harvest Brewery Company for a flight of craft beers.
- We'll re-board our vintage Domed railcar for return service to Chicago. Morning trip departs MKE at 3:00 PM and arrives back in Chicago at 4:29 PM. Afternoon trip departs MKE at 7:35 PM and arrives in Chicago at 9:04 PM.
- Depart Milwaukee's Amtrak Station at 11:00 AM and travel via the vintage Stampede Pass dome railcar to Chicago.
- Upon arrival in the Windy City, you will be escorted via coach bus to enjoy lunch and 2 hidden gems.
- During our time in the Loop, we'll enjoy a sit-down lunch and choice of draft beer at Haymarket Pub & Brewery, then head to two of Chicago's most beer centric bars. We'll stop for a flight of beers showcasing some of the 100+ drafts on tap at First Draft, and then enjoy choice of pint at Kasey's Tavern. Kasey's Tavern is Chicago's second oldest tavern and second oldest liquor license in the city.
- After a short walk back to Union Station from our last stop, we'll re-board our vintage Domed railcar at 5:08 PM for return service to Milwaukee. Arrival time in Milwaukee is 6:45 PM.
$225 per ticket (dome seating)
$200 per ticket (lower long lounge seating)
- Train transportation to city of choice; gratuities for train staff
- Coach bus transportation in city of choice; gratuities for bus driver
- Sit-down lunch and beers as noted above
- Narrated tour while in each city; gratuities for tour guide
Seating is limited and will sell out! Please note that each trip is limited to 40 guests (20 dome seats and 20 lower long lounge seats). You will be asked to select your seating preference during the purchase process.
The Stampede Pass will be part of the regular Amtrak Hiawatha service. Amtrak reserves the right to change the schedule or equipment due to delays.