Christmas Lights & Desserts Bus Tour
If the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear than this tour is for you. Not only does it highlight the Christmas happenings as well as great desserts all over Milwaukee, but it also includes caroling on the bus from stop to stop. This Santa approved tour is the perfect mix of history, Milwaukee Christmas traditions, tasty treats and a dash of light-hearted holiday spirit. Whether you feel like showing off your ugly Christmas sweater or not you are sure to have a good time on this tour.
This tour features holiday displays with walking stops in Cathedral Square and Zeidler Union Square, plus viewing opportunities through light displays that may include areas such as Red Arrow Park, Pere Marquette Park and the Historic Third Ward. And, to quote Buddy the Elf, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear" - therefore, your SINGING TOUR GUIDE will lead the bus in a Christmas caroling sing-a-long!
This is a no-hassle, fun way to celebrate the holidays with friends and family while sampling delicious treats too. Take time for you this holiday season, and don't forget your significant other in the hustle and bustle of the season! Not only is this tour offered to the public, but it is available as a private tour as well.
Included in the per person price, attendees will enjoy:
- A bus tour that will sample hot chocolate (or coffee, if preferred) and desserts from 3 local restaurants, opportunities to get out and explore multiple downtown lighted parks, and trivia prizes.
- Round trip transportation
- Narrated, guided tour fun
We encourage everyone to dress for the occasion; Santa hats, Elf stockings, ugly Christmas sweaters, pretty Christmas sweaters... all are welcome!
Two words: Wisconsin Winter. Please plan ahead and dress appropriately for our time spent outside of the cozy bus while walking outdoors through two of the Holiday Lights displays.
Need a hotel room? We offer an overnight hotel package with the Ambassador Hotel available during the ticket purchase process. The Ambassador Hotel is also a great location to grab dinner before or after the tour. Their two restaurants are called The Fitz and Gin Rickey, and reservations can be made directly with those restaurants. Be sure to mention that you are on a Milwaukee Food & City Tour so that they can ensure your dining experience is complete in time for the tour to begin.
WHEN: Tour operates most Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in December
DURATION: Between 2.5 - 3 hours, depending on the pace of the group
LOCATION: This tour departs from downtown Milwaukee. Ample parking is available for a fee.
ACCESSIBILITY: Although minimal walking is required, there is still walking involved. This tour is NOT handicap accessible and attendees will need to go up/down minimal stairs to get on/off the bus multiple times.
- FOOD ALLERGIES:
• Except for the Fish Fry Tour, all tours are seafood/shellfish free.
• We do have a vegetarian option on this tour.
• We are not able to make menu adjustments for food allergies, dietary restrictions or preferences on this public tour beyond the vegetarian option. This includes gluten, vegan, sugar-free and kosher requests.
• We are able to make allergy / preference accommodations on private walking tours for 8+ guests, or private bus tours for 15+ guests. For more information on private tours contact us at 414-255-0534 ext 2.