Churches & Chocolates Tour
Enjoy a tour through Milwaukee, long known as our "City of Steeples.” On this tour we'll delve into dessert with stops at local two chocolatiers and visit three churches to learn about the history and architecture of these unique places of worship.
Shopping - Our guests have a lot of fun shopping at each of the chocolate shops that we visit. Please consider bringing a tote or canvas shopping bag to keep track of all of your goodies on the bus.
Included in the per person price, attendees will enjoy:
- A bus tour with a stop at a local coffee shop for coffee and muffins, visits to 3 churches for docent tours, and 2 chocolatiers for treats!
- Round trip transportation
- Narrated, guided tour fun
Sample itinerary of places we might visit:
St. Joan of Arc Chapel: perhaps the only medieval structure (1400's) in the entire Western Hemisphere dedicated to its original purpose
St. Francis of Assisi: view their stunning and extensive stained glass window collection and learn of their fascinating history
Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church: celebrate 160 years of their history in downtown Milwaukee
**Church locations subject to change based on availability.
WHEN: Tour operates most one Saturday per month beginning at 9:30 am. See calendar for exact dates; available for private tours anytime
DURATION: About 3.5 hours, depending on the pace of the group
LOCATION: This tour departs from downtown Milwaukee. Ample street and lot parking is available.
ACCESSIBILITY: Although minimal walking is required, there is still walking involved. This tour is NOT handicap accessible and attendees will need to go up/down minimal stairs to get on/off the bus multiple times.
• Except for the Fish Fry Tour, all tours are seafood/shellfish free.
• We do have a vegetarian option on this tour.
• We are not able to make menu adjustments for food allergies, dietary restrictions or preferences on this public tour beyond the vegetarian option. This includes gluten, vegan, sugar-free and kosher requests.
• We are able to make allergy / preference accommodations on private walking tours for 8+ guests, or private bus tours for 15+ guests. For more information on private tours contact us at 414-255-0534 ext 2.