Old World 3rd Street Tour
Milwaukee's spanning RiverWalk, located parallel to Water Street and the Milwaukee River in the vibrant Westown neighborhood, includes the culture, history and foods of Old World 3rd Street. Those traditions are just the beginning on this tour where Milwaukee's old German traditions meet delicious new delights!
This tour offers authentic German food tastings as well as an opportunity to eat, drink and socialize your way into newer establishments in the area. Sample Milwaukee's oldest microbrewery, schlemiel and schlimazel your way across the Milwaukee River to pay homage to The Fonz; visit one of the last historic Turner society buildings still being used for its original purpose; dine on fantastic foods and more!
And unlike many of our other tours, this route highlights plenty of shopping opportunities - splurge along the way and buy local treasures at a local cheese store, sausage store, spice house and more!
Included in the per person price, attendees will enjoy:
- A walking tour with 4-5 stops for a wide range of cuisines at our favorite spots including one, 5-ounce sample of genuine Wisconsin-brewed beer.
- Narrated and guided tour fun!
WHEN: Tour operates limited schedule; available for private tours anytime
DURATION: Between 2 - 2.5 hours, depending on the pace of the group
LOCATION: This tour takes place in the Old World 3rd Street neighborhood. Exact meeting spot and parking suggestions will be provided upon ticket purchase.
ACCESSIBILITY: This is a low-impact walking food tour with slightly more than 1.25 miles of walking. Plenty of walking breaks and opportunities to sit down along the way is provided.
• Except for the Fish Fry Tour, all tours are seafood/shellfish free.
• We do have a vegetarian option on this tour.
• We are not able to make menu adjustments for food allergies, dietary restrictions or preferences on this public tour beyond the vegetarian option. This includes gluten, vegan, sugar-free and kosher requests.
• We are able to make allergy / preference accommodations on private walking tours for 8+ guests, or private bus tours for 15+ guests. For more information on private tours contact us at 414-255-0534 ext 2.