Witches, Brews, Fall Foliage and so much more!
Join us as we visit Salem, Boston and Sturbridge on East Coast. Included on the tour is:
Day 1 (Thursday, October 3, 2019)
• Arrive on your own in Boston MA by Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 4 pm. Upon arrival, we will enjoy dinner followed by the Ghost & Gravestones Trolley Tour of Boston. In a city nearly 400 years old - troubled with war, murderers, strife and the occasional bout of stray molasses, its hardly any wonder that Boston remains one of the most haunted cities in America.
• Travel to Woburn, MA via coach for hotel check-in and overnight stay
• If you arrive in Boston early, be sure to spend some time at Quincy Market which for 250 years has played an integral role in the life of Boston’s residents. There are 100 shops, carts and artisans that offer treasures for you to take home.
Day 2 (Friday, October 4, 2019)
• After breakfast (included), we’ll travel to Salem MA and begin our day with a steaming cup of organic coffee during a Salem Food Tours Coffee Walk. This 90 minute walking tour includes narration about the history and culinary scene of Salem, a sweet treat, a spice tasting and concludes with hot apple cider.
• For lunch, you have free time on own to enjoy a meal and shopping
• Next, we’ll head to the House of Seven Gables. In 1668 Captain John Turner built a house that has become one of the most famous structures in American history. This home inspired author Nathaniel Hawthorne to write his famous novel The House of Seven Gables in “Half-way down a by-street of one of our New England towns stands a rusty wooden house with seven acutely peaked gables facing towards various points of the compass, and a huge, clustered chimney in the midst.”—Nathaniel Hawthorne You will tour the house in a light and informative manner. See the changes in the building from its beginning days to its mature days of grandeur and splendor. There is a secret staircase - and more.
• Visit the Salem Witch Museum to hear the testimony of the hysterical girls, the suffering of the blameless victims, and the decisions of the fanatical judges who sent innocent people to their deaths. When the witch hunt began no one was safe from being accused. This presentation is based on actual trial documents. With 13 stage sets, you’ll enter the web of lies and intrigue of the Salem Witch Hunt, one of the most enduring true stories in American History.
• After free exploration time and then a group dinner, we’ll see two performances, each lasting about 25 minutes.
LEGACY OF THE HANGING JUDGE (performed at the Nathaniel Hawthorne birthplace) In 1692 the Salem Witch Trials, wrought havoc on a small New England Community. Relive these events - based on the historic transcripts. In Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Birthplace, you will be interrogated by magistrate John Hawthorne, Hawthorne's great-great-grandfather, who is infamous for his role in the condemnation and deaths of many ‘witches’. From there, encounter the tormented, the accused and their accusers in this captivating theatrical experience. Beware, you may find yourself being accused of writing in the Devil’s book.”
SPIRIT OF THE GABLES (performed inside the House of Seven Gables) “Guilt! Greed! Revenge! Enter the world of Nathaniel Hawthorne's burdened characters from his classic The House of the Seven Gables, as they haunt the hallways of their eerie mansion. Witness two families entangled in a curse as Matthew Maule condemns Colonel Pyncheon with the very words destined to become his fate.
• We will head back to our hotel via coach in Worburn, MA.
Day 3 (Saturday, October 5, 2019)
• After breakfast (included), we’ll travel via the Amtrak Downeaster to Maine to see the beautiful fall colors.
• Upon arrival, our guide will narrate a driving tour of the coastal villages of Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. We’ll drive past the sandy beaches and rocky coastline, past the George Bush estate at Walker’s Point, and enjoy lunch on your on in Dock Square.
• Check in at the Aspinquid Resort in Ogunquit, ME. This village resort is just a short walk up Beach Street and a convenient trolley stop so that you may explore town on your own or enjoy some downtime at the hotel on your own.
• For dinner, we will enjoy a dinner at the Bull & Claw Restaurant complete with lobster, coleslaw, corn; prime rib with baked potato; cranberry stuffed chicken with potato; vegetarian items are available upon request. Meal also includes chowder, vegetable, blueberry crisp with ice cream, coffee, tea and soda.
Day 4 (Sunday, October 6, 2019)
• After breakfast (included), we will travel via coach to the Salem Cross Inn. Enjoy the ORIGINAL HISTORIC FIRESIDE FEAST at the SALEM CROSS INN. Relax by the fieldstone fireplace as the crackling fire roasts your prime rib “to a turn” by rotating it slowly over a crackling fire of wild cherry logs. This jack is the only known 1700’s antique roasting jack that was used to roast fowl and beef in New England that is still in use. The flavor of the fireplace roasted prime rib is unsurpassed. This event has been featured on the Food Network, Chronicle and the Phantom Gourmet. Includes an Apple Pie Making demonstration. Beware the brimming bowl of freshly whipped cream!
• A local guide will meet us at the Salem Cross Inn to visit the Quabbin Reservoir, an amazing “accidental wilderness” with an equally amazing history when its creation caused four towns to be “drowned.” The great city of Boston and 45 surrounding towns gets its water supply from the Quabbin, and the bald eagles fly freely here.
• Check in at the Comfort Inn in Sturbridge MA and enjoy meal on own.
• Our evening event is to see the sell-out immersive show, Legend of Sleepy Hollow at Old Sturbridge Village. At The Sleepy Hollow Experience, guests will be ghoulishly guided through the Village’s countryside where they will encounter Ichabod Crane, Katrina Van Tassel, Brom Bones and quite possibly the Headless Horseman. Please note that each outdoor performance is approximately 1.5 hours long and requires standing and walking. Performances are rain or shine. If the evening is a rainout, a modified version of The Sleepy Hollow Experience will take place in Old Sturbridge Village’s Stephen M. Brewer Theater.
Day 5 (Monday, October 7, 2019)
• After breakfast (included), we will travel via coach to Boston for a historic Boston tour. Learn about the different districts of the city including the Back Bay where you find so many beautiful brownstones, each with its own unique architectural design. You will also see Beacon Hill and the gold domed state house, Boston Common, America’s first public park and the Public Garden. You of course can’t miss seeing the Old Statehouse, once headquarters for English governors and later the site where the Declaration of Independence was read to the waiting citizens of Boston. Many, many other famous sites. This tour will cover parts of the Freedom Trail.
• Our time together concludes here, but guests are welcome to enjoy lunch on their own or extend their stay for more time in Boston.
Download PDF Registration form or register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 414-255-0534 x 5
WHEN: Thursday October 2, 2019 - Monday, October 7, 2019
PRICE: $1,425 Double / $1,700 Single / $1,376 Triple / $1,300 Quad.
LOCATION: Attendees to meet in Boston MA by Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 4 pm to begin excursion. You may arrange for your own airfare, or we are happy to assist you in making your transportation arrangements.
ACCESSIBILITY: This is a bus and train tour.
• We are able to accommodate for food allergies. Please call 414-255-0534 ext 3 with your specific requests.